Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cheer stinks.

In their natural environment, quirky Christmas toe socks are often
surrounded by textbooks, power cords, origami paper, and sweatpants.  
When it comes to winter, nothing says warm and quirky like toe socks. And when it comes to Christmas, well, nothing says warm, quirky, and festive like toe socks complete with red, green, and white stripes all around and holiday-inspired ribbon accents on the digits. I'm not sure where the pink fits in. Must be for breast cancer awareness.

But to answer your question, no, I did not knit them, and I cannot link to a pattern where you can knit them, either. I'm afraid I am a terribly quirky representation of home-educated young ladies, and as such, I bought them at some store in the mall.

I originally intended to always wear them with white flip-flops, but that only happened twice in seventh grade. These days, I wear them around the house, usually on the second day of Warbler Christmas. They pair well with sweatpants and a long-sleeved T-shirt for those long, mind-numbing hours when all you can do is cram your head full of standard deviations and z-scores for tomorrow's statistics final. 

1 comment:

Kara said...

Rachel, you're hilarious (albeit a bit cynical). I like your socks. Are they warm?