Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas, Christmas time is near....

Kara at The Yellow Warbler is doing a twelve days of Christmas blogosphere quest, and she wants YOU to join in on the holly jolly challenge. Each day leading up to December 25, you post something jolly enough to make a yuletide carol. Yup, I'm joining the party, so let's get started by rocking around a Christmas tree.


Okay, so maybe it isn't a typical holiday tree, but it's one that has been ever present in all of our family's Christmases past. It's a count-down calendar, quite fitting for the first day of the twelve-day challenge.

My brothers and I used to fight over who got to put up the little plushy decoration each day, so this year Mom teased us by saying, "Rachel, you get to do it on the even days, and Robert, you get to do it on the odd days." And of course, we've been taking turns like the nice little children we are. 

My younger brother has not tried to not take turns yet, though. If he does, I'll just twist his arm.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Fun! Your intro (make a yuletide carol) made me laugh. :)