Monday, December 20, 2010

Eight is great.



While I was thinking about what to post for the eighth day of Kara's challenge, I remembered our eight little musical marchers -- Santa and his band of seven percussionists have been happily ringing in the holidays at our house for as long as I can remember. That would be right, because my mom and dad bought them on sale right after my older brother's first Christmas!

That year doesn't seem too long ago, but surprisingly, when I Googled our treasured traditional trinkets, I found out they are selling for pretty big bucks on eBay and Etsy. They are now considered antiques, so I'm sure Matt will be glad to know he is that old. Pretty soon I can tease him about being a caveman.

The band members typically perch in branches all around our Christmas tree, but this year, we have set them up above our fireplace. We turn them on, and they serenade us with everything from "Jingle Bells" to "Hark! the Herald Angels Sing." The bells and lights always make us feel jolly until the marchers decide to march right off the mantle. Still, I wouldn't trade them for anything, not even big bucks on the Internet.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Those are so cute! I like them a whole lot. :)